Running an environmentally friendly firm makes it possible to lower your impact on the environment and preserves natural resources. Your company can help the environment in a variety of ways. By way of example, you can:
- Use products which reduce your reliance on natural resources (e.g. rainwater tanks, solar hot water systems).
- Use products which are made from recycled material (e.g. office supplies made from recycled plastic, furniture made from recycled plastic )
- Consider all your business activities to find out whether you’re able to do anything differently (e.g. reducing aviation by holding conference calls rather than interstate meetings).
- Producing your company environmentally friendly, not only benefits the environment but can also help you save money.
- Investigate new technology (a tech convention could be a good place to start) to see if it could help reduce your carbon footprint.
Recycling reduces your prices
Preventing, reducing, reusing and recycling may lower your costs. For example, a few straightforward modifications to how you deal with paper printing can involve your employees in environmentally friendly processes while saving you money:
- Prevent using materials unnecessarily
- Reduce your paper needs by requesting staff to print double-sided
- Reuse by encouraging staff to use scrap paper for message-taking rather than buying message pads
- Recycle by shredding excessive paper – you could recycle this commercially or invite staff to take it home due to their compost or mulch heaps.
Reducing the environmental impact of your business will improve the sustainability of your company. If you’re less reliant on natural resources compared to your competitors and have ways to address rising costs because of climate change, your business will have a higher prospect of long-term success.
What Are The Other Solutions?
Utilization of Renewable Resources
Adding solar panels to heat water or generate electricity is a standard change many eco-friendly companies make. But remember that you have other options such as geothermal, fuel cell or wind energy. How about recapturing heat generated from your computer or refrigeration equipment and using it to heat your water? There are many new technologies that can help increase your eco-friendly brand! If you’re not sure what the best way forward might be for your company, why not attend a start-up convention to learn about all the new resources out there?
Reduce Fossil Fuel Use
An eco-friendly company looks for methods to decrease the use of fossil fuels by purchasing a hybrid or other fuel company fleet vehicles. Some companies even offer employees an incentive to buy electric or hybrid vehicles.
Consider allowing employees to avoid coming to the office in any way. Avoiding even one daily commute per week, per worker makes a significant impact in carbon emissions to the year.
Encourage alternate transportation like biking or public transport. Additionally, specialized software can produce optimum carpool partners and routes.
Incentivize Your Clients
Extend your green small business ideas to your client and employee lives by providing incentives to make green alterations. Perhaps a little discount for clients who earn their own coffee cup instead of taking a disposable, or for bringing a purse rather than using plastic.